Subject: Re: FW: Problem with bml-rt plugin on LW4 (Rev c) on Win95
From: [email-masked] (robert hood)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 1996 18:12:01 -0800

> Hmm, I thought of this also, but I have re-downloaded the plugin and the   
> sample .bmc files (using binary transfer), and am still getting the same   
> error. I select the bml-rt plugin, up pops a file selector box, I click   
> on one of the bmc files, and up pops the error message box complaining   
> about problems with the "Magic number", (sorry can't remember the exact   
> error message off the top of my head). This is using the NT version of   
> LW4.0c on Win95 with 16Mb memory.
> 
> Any ideas?

I just downloaded files using the following command:

    sz -kb -w 4096 bml-rt.p gears.bmc martianp.bmc router.bmc

Once downloaded, I installed bml-rt.p into modeler, and executed all three
scripts.  Each worked perfectly.  I'm using Windows 95 on a 486DX4 100MHz
with 8MB RAM.

Are you sure that the run-time plugin you are running is the one you
downloaded?  It is possible that an older version of the plugin will have
a problem with the newer-compiled scripts.  I would recommend removing the
entry from your LWM.CFG file for BML/RT, and re-installing it from the
one you downloaded.

However, the files *do* work.

Render me gone,               |||
Bob                         ^(===)^
-------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo--------------------------------------
Bob Hood, President | All governments suffer from a recurring problem:
Virtual Visions,Inc.| Power attracts pathological personalities.  It is not
Tel: 1.303.989.4191 | that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the
FAX: 1.303.727.7555 | corruptible.  Such people have a tendency to become
                    | drunk on violence, a condition to which they are
[email-masked]    | quickly addicted              - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------